Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mon Coeur Fait Vroum (My Heart Goes Vroom) - English Translation

If you are a fan of Cars 2, then there is one song, "Mon Coeur Fait Vroum," that makes your heart melt for the open road.  Upon searching for the song I discovered it was by the French artist Benabar.  I eventually found the French lyrics, piecing them together from different sources, and using Google Translate, and a French-to-Spanish translation as well, I pieced together the English version.  Enjoy, and of course, any and all suggestions are welcomed.

J'ai parcouru le monde, Chercher l'amour profond,
Ma vie s'allume et mon coeur fait,
Vroum, vroum, vroum
Ce soir je porte mon plus beau manteau,
Et mon bon vieux, mon bon vieux chapeau,
Permettez?...après vous...peut-être la prochaine fois...
J'ai parcouru le monde,
Chercher l'amour profond,
Ma vie s'allume et mon coeur fait,
Vroum, vroum, vroum
 
Vous et moi marchant sur les chemins,
Main dans la main c'est fou,
Laissez moi vous offrir en cadeau,
Ce delicieux gateau,
 
J'ai parcouru le monde,
Chercher l'amour profond,
Ma vie s'allume et mon coeur fait,
Vroum, vroum, vroum
 Une soirée sous le ciel étoilé,
Ou devant la télé,
Entre nous...avec vous...pas du tout
 
Je veux lire dans vos yeux,
Qu'il y a l'espoir de jours plus heureux,
Et vous entendre dire
Ne partez pas, il faut rester pou moi

J'ai parcouru le monde,
Chercher l'amour profond,
Ma vie s'allume et mon coeur fait,
Vroum, vroum, vroum
J'ai pensé renoncer,
Ne pas m'abandonner,
Ce jeu va me tuer,
Car mon fait
Vroum, Vroum, Vroum...



I have traveled the world
Searching for profound love
My life alight
And my heart goes
Vroom, vroom, vroom

Tonight I'm wearing my best coat
 And my old, good old hat
 May I? ... After you ... maybe next time


I have traveled the world
Searching for profound love
My life alight
And my heart goes
Vroom, vroom, vroom

You and I walking on the roads
 Hand in Hand is crazy
 Let me give a gift
 This delicious cake

I have traveled the world
Searching for profound love
My life alight
And my heart goes
Vroom, vroom, vroom

An evening under the stars,
 Or watching TV,
 Us ... with you ... not at all

I want to read in your eyes,
 There was the hope of happier days,
 And hear you say
 Do not go, we must stay together

I thought to give up,
 Do not abandon me,
 This game will kill me
 Because my heart does,

Vroom, vroom, vroom